End of Summer Activities in Hampton
The end of summer can bring mixed feelings for the whole family. Whether you’re excited to get back to a routine, trying to savor time with your young ones, or simply not ready for warm-weather activities to end, we’ve got several ideas to help you make the most of these last summer days in Hampton.
Enjoy live music in Hampton
- The All Day Reggae concert provides live reggae music on the corner of East Queens Way and King Way in Downtown Hampton on Saturday, September 9 from 2-10 p.m. This is a great opportunity to enjoy a delicious meal from one of the nearby restaurants while listening to some of the best regional reggae bands in our area! Reggae legend Johnny Osbourne will also be performing! This event is a part of the Downtown Hampton Development Partnership’s Block Party concert series.
- The 2023 Supernova International Ska Festival is back and you’re invited! The four-day music festival takes place September 14-17 at historic Fort Monroe on the Chesapeake Bay in Hampton and features nearly 40 ska and reggae bands from 10 countries. The festival will include bands from Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra, who played to a global audience at the 2021 Tokyo Summer Olympics, to Sister Nancy, a Jamaican legend and one of the most sampled artists in history. Ska music was the predecessor to reggae music and originated in Jamaica in the 1950s.
Catch a sundown speed race at Langley Speedway
Don’t try this one at home or on your neighborhood streets! Enjoy some outdoor entertainment and impressive racing as the sun goes down at Langley Speedway. Find tickets here for the next few weekends’ races:
- September 2: Weekly Racing
- September 9: Weekly Racing
- September 16: VA Sprint Cars
Taste fresh seafood at the Crabtown Seafood Festival
Don’t miss the fresh catch Sept. 2 at the annual Crabtown Seafood Festival! From 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., vendors and attractions will line the river walkway from Mill Point Park to the downtown docks. The festival features seafood vendors, fishing boats, educational exhibits, live music and nautical art. There will be games and activities for kids, and furry friends are welcome.