Shop, Savor, Support: Hampton’s Black-Owned Eateries and Boutiques
Beyond the landmarks that make Hampton a must-see for Black History-minded travelers, our city pulsates with the energy of local entrepreneurs, particularly the vibrant community of black-owned businesses. We invite you to stroll through the streets of Hampton and discover the dynamic offerings of these establishments. Engage in the culture, savor the flavors, and make your visit to Hampton an experience that goes beyond sightseeing.
Visit these black-owned businesses on your next trip in Hampton, VA:
Black-Owned Restaurants in Hampton
Hampton is filled with Black-owned restaurants that have a variety of local tastes and cuisines. With soul food, seafood, southern cuisine, and more you will never find yourself feeling hungry.
Mango Mangeaux (as seen on TV) always comes highly recommended. Look forward to French, Creole and Neo-Soul cuisine with a touch of their iconic gourmet ‘Mango Mango’ Mango Preserves. Great for brunch or a classy celebration.
Located in the heart of Phoebus, a main street vibe, save time check out the other businesses in walking distance.
Feeling a different cuisine?
- Kente’s African American Cafe offers American & African foods at an affordable price
- Palm Tree Caribbean Café offers authentic Caribbean & Western food
- Smoothie Stop is perfect for a quick & healthy lunch
- Craving southern food? Check out Cee’s Cee’s Southern Cuisine or Roux Raw Bar
- In need of a morning or midday pick me up? Grab some delicious desserts at Scratch Bakery in Phoebus or indulge in a flavorful frappe at Guilty Pleasure Coffee Shop.
Shopping Black-Owned Stores
Make your shopping experience meaningful by supporting one of the local black-owned businesses in Hampton, like:
- Capture The World motivational clothing line featured on ESPN
- Dream Beauty Supply – hair care products, wigs, & accessories
- Laced Function – specialty sneaker store
- Less Than has products for living a more sustainable and eco-friendly life
- Queen’s Bridal & Things – Bridal shop in Hampton
- Royal Couture Boutique is a Trendy high fashion ladies boutique! Starring all of your fashion needs at an affordable price
- SHA’MAR offers a curated collection of vintage & ready to wear for the more modern & mature women.
- Your Essentials – body care & candles featuring organic ingredients
- We also have many talented beauticians that offer a variety of personal services from hair & nails to waxing and skin care. Look for the red “Identifies as Black-owned” symbol on Google Maps.
Stay: Black-Owned Bed & Breakfast
We all need a place to rest our heads after an exciting day of exploring Hampton.
Magnolia House Inn is a Black-owned bed and breakfast regularly featured in various travel magazines. Filled with charm, you will feel right at home with their warm hospitality and homemade breakfast.
Or in Phoebus, Simply Panache Place is a boutique hotel, walking distance to many fun activities. Stay for a night or two, and head over to Mango Mangeaux for a complimentary breakfast in the morning!
Did we miss your favorite Black-owned business in Hampton, Virginia? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know!