Let’s Go to the Beach in Hampton, Va!
Updated May 2022
Summer weather is here, and it is time to soak up the sun at the beach! Starting Saturday, May 28, Hampton’s beaches will officially open with lifeguards on duty from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Beaches with lifeguards include Buckroe Beach and Outlook Beach at Fort Monroe.
To make your beach vacation the best it can be, we created a list of everything to bring to help create lasting memories.
12 things to bring for the perfect beach day in Hampton:
- Friends and family to create lasting memories with
- Sunscreen, so you don’t turn into a Hampton Crab
- Toys to play in the sand i.e. beach buckets, shovels, & beach balls
- Frisbees and volleyballs for a friendly beach tournament. Don’t forget a net!
- Beach chairs & umbrellas to relax
- Your favorite beach towels to dry off after splashing around in the Chesapeake Bay
- Hat, swimsuit, and sandals
- Sunglasses so your eyes can be protected
- A good book to read
- Your favorite snacks, and water to keep you hydrated
- Wireless speaker to keep the good vibes going
- Smiles and a great attitude!
Please help us keep our beaches clean. Stay safe and have fun this summer!