Hampton Beaches open for swimming, sunbathing and playing in the sand
Gov. Ralph Northam has given the green light for Hamptons’ public beaches to re-open for swimming, sunbathing and playing in the sand, beginning Friday, May 29. This includes beaches at Buckroe, Fort Monroe, Salt Ponds and Grandview. Residents and visitors are invited to get some sun and fresh air and enjoy Hampton beaches. Please take time to review the safety requirements and regulations, so you can continue to enjoy our beautiful beaches throughout the summer.
Along with opening the beaches, the city is also opening its two golf courses, The Hamptons and The Woodlands, as well as the clay-court Hampton Tennis Center. We are excited to welcome visitors back to Hampton as our city slowly begins to re-open this weekend.
Hampton Beaches Safety requirements and modifications can be viewed on Hampton’s city website and include:
- beach “ambassadors” who will be on hand to remind people of the guidelines
- No groups of umbrellas or groups of more than 10 individuals
- Groups must be at least 6 feet apart
- No group sports (such as volleyball, Frisbee, soccer, etc.)
- No speakers
- Limited parking
- (No dogs and no alcoholic beverages, but those are already the rules)
Thank you for your patience, and don’t forget your sunscreen, hats, and towels for your beach trip. Stay safe and have fun!