Located on the campus of Hampton University, Memorial Church is an Italian-Romanesque structure that features a 150-square tower and four-faced illuminated clock. Built-in 1886, the elaborate building was designed by New York architect J.C. Caby. It is still used as a college sanctuary for non-denominational services. The chapel is one of six National Historic Landmarks on campus. The pews are made of yellow pine and were built by Hampton trade school students. Carved African American and Native American faces adorn the trim throughout the chapel.