The Hampton Convention & Visitor Bureau provides sales and marketing services for the Hampton Roads Convention Center. In addition to HRCC support, we are pleased to offer customized group services as you plan your next gathering in Hampton.
The Embassy Suites at the Hampton Roads Convention Center is our exclusive caterer. Working with a food and beverage specialist, you can customize your event menus with selections ranging from heart-healthy fare to classic international and American cuisine.
Our Event Services Department’s goal is to ensure that your event is a memorable and successful occasion that exceeds your expectations. After confirming your event, an event manager will serve as your primary point of contact and liaison for all facility related services. Your event manager will be happy to assist you with any documents, logistics or planning connected with your occasion.
The Hampton Roads Convention Center’s impressive capabilities range from high-tech connectivity to practical things like tractor-trailer access to the exhibit hall floor. Click on the images below to see more or download the PDFs.
Download floor plans (PDFs)
The Hampton Roads Convention Center has partnered with Presentation Services® (PSAV), one of the leading audiovisual companies in the meetings and events industries, to ensure your message is delivered with clarity and fidelity in every setting, from intimate seminars to elaborate stage productions.
Lessee will be required to obtain and produce proof of event insurance in the amount of $2,000,000.00 if event will be held in the exhibit halls or $1,000,000.00 for all other events naming SMG, HRCC and the City of Hampton as an additional insured. The Lessee must file the policy or Certificate of Insurance with the Convention Center thirty (30) days prior to Move-In.
• 344,000 total square feet of space
• 35 flexible spaces with capacity for 14,000 people
• Grand ballroom accommodates 1,800 for banquets
• Exhibit hall covering 102,000 square feet in 3 sections, each with its own elephant door for load-in and load-out, climate control, lighting control, and concession sales.
• Conference center with private access
• Outdoor terrace for special events
• Connected to 295-suite convention headquarters hotel
• There are 1,600 hotel rooms within walking distance of the Hampton Roads Convention Center
• There are 2,800 hotel rooms in Hampton citywide
• Wireless Internet available