About the Hampton Roads Convention CenterFrom the sail canopied over the main entrance to the sparkling water fountains and features that meander through the landscaped grounds, the Hampton Roads Convention Center’s nautical theme establishes a memorable atmosphere.
Thank you for your interest in employment with The Hampton Roads Convention Center an SMG managed facility.
We accept applications and resumes for posted positions only.
All openings are posted as they become available.
All future openings will be posted to HRCC website and the Department of Labor website at:
Accountant/Box Office Manager
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university
- At least two years experience in a position with accounting responsibilities or similar combination of education and experience
- Have excellent personal computer skills with an in depth knowledge of MS Excel; must be capable and willing to learn and use accounting, finanical reporting and event management software
- Knowledge of Sage Peachtree Accounting software is preferred
- Have experience with the principles and techniques of supervision and training; ability to coordinate staff
- Ability to count money, make changes accurately
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form
- Candidate must be professional in presentation, appearance and work ethic
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results
- Demonstrate ability to carry out tasts in a reliable, productive and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines
- Follow all policies/procedures, rish management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility
- Ability to work independently; meet deadlines while exercising judgement and initiative with attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills
- Works in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to the functions and may include day, evening, weekends, and holidays
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facililty, to stand for long periods of time, to kneel, to see and to hear satisfactorily
- Works closely with all financial matters, including accounts receivable, general ledger, auditing, box office, utility desk and event settlement
- Prepares final event settlements while working closely with the sales, operations and event services departments
- Assists in the monthly close process including bank reconciliations, account analyses, and financial reports
- Generates and inputs journal entries
- Prepares bank deposits and reconciliations
- Assists Director of Finance in preparation of financial statements
- Reconciles A/R and A/P control accounts to detail aging
- Maintains deposit logs for events
- Reconciles cash receipts and disburesements
- Codes receipts and disbursements into the general ledger
- Updates and coordinates all event information for the box office
- Maintains and audits boix office ticket sales reports
- Prepares and presents the final box office statement for the settlement of each event
- Responsible for supervising the box office and box office staff during all facility events that involve ticketing
- Be able to assist in interviewing and hiring box office staff
- Manages, directs, trains and supervises box office staff in proper procedures
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of emplyment
- Performs other duties as assigned
This is a salaried position. The salary range for this position is competitive with a benefits package. Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to: Leanne Cranfill, SMG/Hampton Roads Convention Center (1610 Coliseum Drive, Hampton VA 23666), Fax: 757-315-1612, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls. SMG an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
SMG, the management company for the Hampton Roads Convention Center, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to maintaining a work environment that is free of discrimination or harassment.
SMG's procedures, practices, terms and/or conditions of employment, rules and policies, promotion decisions and personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, social and recreational programs will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual preference, veterans status, political beliefs or the presence of physical or mental disability.
- Employment opportunities are and shall be open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their experience, aptitudes, abilities and training
- Advancement is and shall be based entirely on the individual's achievement, performance, ability, attitude and potential for promotion.
- Human Resources, in compliance with all federal, state and local laws, is responsible for the Equal Opportunity Program.
To inquire about employment opportunities and position openings with SMG at the Hampton Roads Convention Center, contact:
Office Manager/HR Coordinator
Mail Applications to:
1610 Coliseum Drive
Hampton, VA 23666
Or fax to: 757-315-1612
Or send complete resume to HRHRCC@thehrcc.com